Train Journeys: A Variety Of Options
Trains have made traveling convenient and quick. There are many destinations in India wherein you can find different types of trains shuttling. There are normal trains, fast trains, and superfast trains. The facilities and timings are absolutely convenient and heart winning. In some of the trains, you even get food.
Trains from Delhi to Jaipur
Traveling from Delhi to Jaipur by train is a swift and convenient option. The fastest trains finish the journey in about four and a half hours. Check out below to know about the best trains running from Delhi to Jaipur.
A few things to know
There are a few things that you should know for a convenient journey by Delhi to Jaipur trains:
- The chief railway station in Delhi is New Delhi Railway Station (NDLS). It is near Paharganj.
- The Trains to Jaipur also leave Delhi from Old Delhi Railway Station (DLI). It is located near Chandni Chowk in Old Delhi. Trains also leave from Delhi Sarai Rohilla Railway Station (DEE). This station is situated in north Delhi that is around 5 kilometers west of New Delhi Railway Station.
- Talking about Jaipur, the main railway station in Jaipur is Jaipur Junction (JP).
- The tickets under Foreign Tourist Quota can be booked in person at International Tourist Bureau at New Delhi Railway Station. You have to be careful of anyone who tells you that it has been moved or it is closed. It is often a bluff.
A Quick Peep into Fastest Trains from Delhi to Jaipur
- The fastest and convenient train from Delhi to Jaipur is the premium 12015 Ajmer Shatabdi Express. This train departs New Delhi Railway Station at 6.05 in the morning and arrives at Jaipur at 10.40 a.m. Same day. The train has dynamic fare pricing. It means the ticket cost is going to vary as per the demand and available seats. The fare in the Executive Chair (first class, seated, air-conditioned) will be 1,303 rupees. AC Chair ranges from 596 to 805 rupees. This train runs every single day and meals are included. Punctuality, cleanliness and ticket availability are brilliant. There is also a Foreign Tourist Quota. You can see the detailed train information on the official website of Indian Railways.
- Another fast morning train service that goes from Delhi to Jaipur is 12215 Delhi Sarai Rohilla-Bandra Garib Rath Express. It is a cheaper option. Garib Rath trains are “poor chariot” ones. These trains have no frills three-tier air-conditioned sleepers. These trains are mostly quite new and in proper condition. The train departs from Delhi Sarai Rohilla Railway Station at 9.20 a.m. And it reaches Jaipur at 2.10 p.m. the same day. However, the train only runs on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays. The fare of this train is 453 rupees in 3AC. The train is mostly punctual and possesses good hygiene and food.
Thus, these were only two of the trains; there are other options too like Morning 14321 Ala Hazrat Express, Afternoon: 12916 Ashram Superfast Express, Afternoon 12986 Delhi Sarai Rohilla-Jaipur Double Decker AC train and so on.
So, trains in India are no longer the same; sluggish, slow and unhygienic. They have improved a lot in every sense.